Tuesday, December 11, 2007

ANOTHER competition!

You lucky people. We really do love competitions round 'ere, so much so, we're running a SECOND one!!! This time it's a poem I'm after.

I want you to write a hilarious poem about me and my pals! It can be as long or as short as you want. It can be a limerick or a 50 page Shakespearean soliloquy (good luck with that one).

It's probably sailing a bit close to the wind for Christmas but get your entries in to me by December 31st and the best one (as judged by Mrs Farmer Jack) will get a signed/scribbled on copy of my new French book "Norbert Le Mouton"! How's that then? Up for it? I know it's in French, but it's got me jammed in there to the rafters. And what better way to learn French than to compare French speechbubbles with English one's.

The book's due out at the end of January/ beginning of February 2008.

Mrs Farmer Jack's opinion will be final!!!

I thank you.

2 comments:

tracey said...

hi derek

how about this as a brill limerick for your comp

there once was a derek the sheep
who thought he was terribly deep
but really he's a puddle
who gets into a muddle
and should look before he does leap

am i ace or what? can i have my prize now?

Gary Northfield said...

That's beautiful, thanks Tracey. It brought a tear to my eye. Although I am chopping onions, so that might have something to do with it.

Keep an eye on your letter box, as a mouldy turnip may be heading your way any day now.